CALL FOR ITALIAN PARTICIPANTS
ERASMUS+ SPORT: " Move to Improve "
ABOUT THE PROJECT: Young people spend increasingly more time in front of screens, and it is estimated that 90% of youngsters use computers and watch TV every day (Eurostat). As a result, instances of obesity and related health problems are on the rise, as well as worsened communication and social interaction between peers.
“Move to Improve” is a project designed to combat these trends and prevent further social barriers from forming. The aim is to promote social inclusion, equal opportunities, and awareness of the importance of physical activity for unedrpriviliged youth. Sports and volunteering will increase engagement and awareness of the importance of social inclusion. This idea is shared by youth organisations in Lithuania, Croatia, Bulgaria, Norway, Italy and Hungary.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Learn new sports techniques at grassroots level, as well as sports history;
- Be encouraged to look over their physical activity, take on grassroots sports on a constant basis, and follow a healthy lifestyle;
- Be inspired to pursue sports volunteering and be active citizens in their communities;
- Embrace social inclusion, equal opportunities and access to sport for all;
- Develop in multicultural environment, learn new languages and communication techniques;
- Increase teamwork skills, fair play, tolerance, lower xenophobia and racism;
- Be motivated to pursue careers in sports.
PARTICIPANTS: The Youth exchange will involve 6 organizations and 36 young people from 6
countries: LITHUANIA, CROATIA, BULGARIA,NORWAY, ITALY, HUNGARY
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE: 4 underprivileged youngsters (18-30 years old) + 2 (group leade no age limit)
Being older than 18 years old
Ready to take part in the Erasmus Sport projects and it's activities
Be able to communicate English
With experiences in youth field and Erasmus+
DATES: 1 - 9 August 2019 (1 & 9 Travel days)
LOCATION: Kaunas, Lithuania
FINANCIAL DETAILS:The organizers will cover the following costs with the support of the European Commission:
100% of meals, accommodation, activities costs;
Transport cost up to 180 EUR per participant
Here you can download the Infopack with all the details about the project.